At OnCall Dental in Fresno CA, we know that a tooth extraction can leave you feeling somewhat spent. After all, most dental visits end with the happiness of a restored tooth or reduced pain. But dental emergencies like a required tooth extraction, while definitely beneficial to an ailing smile, also leave us with a sense of loss.
Nobody wants to see a tooth go. This is why we offer a follow-up solution to this emergency dentistry option: dental implants.
The Extraction-Implant Timeline
- Firstly, your dentist will discuss and apply any sedation options you are comfortable with.
- Then, the dental team will go to work on extracting your tooth.
- After a thorough dental cleaning, the team will seal up the area and let it heal.
- Once the extraction trauma has healed, you can return to the office for a dental implant procedure.
- The dentist will surgically insert a titanium post – again, under sedation – into your gum line, where it can fuse to your jawline and become a permanent fixture of your new smile.
- After the osseointegration process – a fancy word for the rate at which the bone fuses with the titanium – you return for one final step: your dental restoration. Many are compatible with dental implants, including high-end dentures and bridges.
- In the end, you will have a radiant new smile with perfect replacement teeth that are indistinguishable from your real ones.
If you suffer from a dental emergency that requires a tooth extraction, you don’t need to bid goodbye to your teeth. You can say hello to a brand-new smile instead! The team at OnCall Dental in Fresno CA is ready to make the process smooth and the results will amaze you. Contact us today!