At OnCall Dental in Fresno CA, we know that a tooth extraction can leave you feeling somewhat spent. After all, most dental visits end with the happiness of a restored tooth or reduced pain. But dental emergencies like a required tooth extraction, while definitely beneficial to an ailing smile, also leave us with a sense of loss.
Nobody wants to see a tooth go. This is why we offer a follow-up solution to this emergency dentistry option: dental implants.
The Extraction-Implant Timeline
- Firstly, your dentist will discuss and apply any sedation options you are comfortable with.
- Then, the dental team will go to work on extracting your tooth.
- After a thorough dental cleaning, the team will seal up the area and let it heal.
- Once the extraction trauma has healed, you can return to the office for a dental implant procedure.
- The dentist will surgically insert a titanium post – again, under sedation – into your gum line, where it can fuse to your jawline and become a permanent fixture of your new smile.
- After the osseointegration process – a fancy word for the rate at which the bone fuses with the titanium – you return for one final step: your dental restoration. Many are compatible with dental implants, including high-end dentures and bridges.
- In the end, you will have a radiant new smile with perfect replacement teeth that are indistinguishable from your real ones.
If you suffer from a dental emergency that requires a tooth extraction, you don’t need to bid goodbye to your teeth. You can say hello to a brand-new smile instead! The team at OnCall Dental in Fresno CA is ready to make the process smooth and the results will amaze you. Contact us today!
Contact OnCall Dental (Tap to open in Google Maps):
OnCall Dental – Fresno
5492 N Palm Ave Ste A
Fresno, CA 93704