OnCall Dental in Fresno CA knows that it can sometimes be hard to tell if a dental problem is an emergency. We receive patients every day who apologize before even telling us what’s wrong!
They think that they’re wasting our time (and their own) with a problem that’s not serious. We always respond the same way: that’s what we’re here for! If you’re not sure whether something is an emergency, we suggest erring on the side of caution and giving us a visit.
We can help put any fears to rest if the issue is not serious. However, more often than not, if a patient feels pain, it means something is wrong with their dental health.
However, we know that sometimes it can be hard to find time to go to the dentist. Due to this, our team has put together a list of the common signs of an emergency, so you can check your symptoms against it and stay informed.
The 4 Signs of a Dental Emergency
- Pain: The most common symptom, this can be surprisingly hard to gauge. If you have sensitive teeth, you might experience some painful discomfort from time to time. But if you feel serious pain inside, underneath, or around your teeth, then the situation is most likely an emergency.
- Bleeding: Also a common ailment, if you bleed when you brush or floss, it might signal a larger, underlying issue. If you experience bleeding, you should contact us immediately.
- Swelling: The body knows how to signal an infection, so if you see any swelling in your gumline, make sure to listen. Contact us as soon as possible.
- Loose Teeth: Don’t write off slightly loose teeth as simple aging; this symptom can signal a loosening of your overall tooth structure. In order to avoid tooth loss, your best bet is scheduling a consult.
- Sudden Tooth Loss: It’s easy to feel disillusioned when a tooth fails, but it’s never too late to restore your smile. We can help.
This is not an all-encompassing list. There are many other types of dental emergencies, each with their own associated symptoms. A good rule of thumb is: if it feels like an emergency, then it most likely is an emergency.
We offer a comfortable environment and a trusted team of professionals and are ready to answer any questions you might have. Trust your gut and contact OnCall Dental in Fresno CA to request an appointment. Walk-ins are welcome!
Contact OnCall Dental (Tap to open in Google Maps):
OnCall Dental – Fresno
5492 N Palm Ave Ste A
Fresno, CA 93704